Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!
Deus Mortuus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SISTER SITES AND DIRECTORIES

Modern Day Alchemists

RPGD Topsites
Top RPG Sites
Latest topics
» Moon Called [JCINK]
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 am by Guest

» Dav'Ris: A Fantasy World RP
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 am by Sovay

» Fingers crossed
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am by Azazel

» Soul Eater DOOD
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm by Guest

» Ninpocho Chronicles
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 am by Guest

» Defiance In Truth [LGBT Community In New York]
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 pm by Guest

» Devil's Dalliance - An Animanga Supernatural RP
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am by Guest

» Naruto: Tales of the Shinobi
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 am by Guest

» Four Beats To Madness
Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:32 am by Guest

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am
Statistics
We have 228 registered users
The newest registered user is Azazel

Our users have posted a total of 5316 messages in 1471 subjects
OUR AFFILIATION BUTTON
Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.
AFFILIATES
Naruto RPG Saga

Mist and Rain: a multi-Final Fantasy RP
BANNER NAME

Obsidian Butterfly - An Anita Blake/Merry Gentry RPG
The Bleach Society Role-Play
button
Bleach: New Horizon
button
AffiliationsButton_zpsc4c52954.jpg

Alacritis - A Beginner to Advanced Wolf RPG
Deadly Crows: A Non Canon Fairy Tail RP

Prison Break RP
PLAGUED

THE FIRE IS COMING

last minutes & lost evenings

Bleach Platinum Hearts
Eternal Return
PKFN
Crossed Realms
Ungodly Hour
You're Undead To Me
THE KINGDOM OF NIGHTINGALE
THIS IS MY HELL

photobucket

the HAUTE Ton
starstruck

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons Beyond
Heaven's Night

Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites)

2 posters

Go down

Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) Empty Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites)

Post by Cael Gladius Mon May 06, 2013 9:59 am

10:49 AM
21st January, 2012
London City Airport (General Area), London, UK

Flying. It wasn't Cael's favorite thing about traveling, especially around the globe. Still, there were places to see, people to meet, demons to kill. Training wasn't going to happen without working for it, so the swordsman decided he needed new horizons. He'd been in the Entropic Chasm in the past, though he knew not the sphere's true name only that they were in the same location as Washington D.C., so that wouldn't be the best place to show his face again. The place with the coliseum was out of the question right now too. So, he packed his bags and headed for the next location on his list. The closest and earliest flight. London.

Making his way off of the plane and through the gates, he hefted his suitcase over his shoulder from the dock and made his way towards the exit. He could speak English here at least, going back to his primary language for conversation would do him some good. There was comfort in it, like being back home, though the United Kingdom definitely wasn't America by a long shot. Outside, he looked around him, trying to spot any signs of food that weren't cheap airline meal product. He'd had enough of that from one sitting back in Rome and another meal halfway through the flight.

Not seeing anything really nearby from the parking lot, he trekked his way across, keeping an eye out between cars. Nothing in the slightest caught his interest, as he found himself at a public transportation station. He didn't really want the hassle of getting a self drive car, needing to pay parking meters or garages was a bit annoying, so the swordsman hailed a cab instead. A black car almost immediately pulled up, it wasn't too hard to notice a bright haired man in samurai attire hailing you down after all. Cael got inside and merely requested they take him to the nearest eatery.

As they arrived at a deli close by, Cael paid and tipped the driver generously before he made his way out and into the restaurant. Checking the menu, he quickly ordered a sandwhich and leaned against the counter as he awaited his meal. He'd simply get water if he were thirsty. Or... perhaps talk to the cute girl working the register? That was always an option too.
Cael Gladius
Cael Gladius
LIVING STORM
(Admin)

Case File
Power Level: 2
Character Faction: Four Blades
Player: Kenny

Back to top Go down

Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) Empty Re: Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites)

Post by Alex Stone Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am

It was fate, perhaps, that lead Alexander Stone to this little bistro somewhere near the airport. For such a small place, it was quite busy, favored by both the locals and the tourists wanting "Real English Food" of crumpets and tea. Alex just ordered a sandwich. There was no need to be all fancy unless he was showing off for some American girl. Alas, he was here alone, having been rebuffed by the cute cashier in the past so he couldn't even flirt properly. British girls didn't find his accent cute, just normal like every other guy in London. Besides, his height was kind of unsettling.

And then, the most curious event happened. A man wearing the setup of a samurai of all people entered. At least he didn't have a sword. That would be creepy. Unless he was here for some LARP convention, but the 28 year old was sure there wasn't any. When the man ordered his food, his voice was obviously American. Huh, a tourist who wasn't ordering English 'staples'. How curious.

"That's a curious outfit you have there, Gov," Alex spoke up, unable to contain his thoughts any longer, "I didn't think there were any LARP events around here." Then, he paused, suddenly having a devious thought. It'd be weird, but he couldn't help himself. he wanted the man's reaction. It would obviously be hilarious judging by his clothing, "Or perhaps you think you'll find one in some weird other realm only you can enter, and slay some monsters there with your chums." There, he said it. This was all done conversationally, with a nice smile on his face, as if he were talking about the weather. The last part was said just as the man drunk from his water. Alex took a small bite of his ham sandwich in response.
Alex Stone
Alex Stone
THE COWARD

Case File
Character Faction: Freelance
Player: Daniel

Back to top Go down

Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites) Empty Re: Soldiers of the Wastelands, Part One (Alex/Invites)

Post by Cael Gladius Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 am

The waitress passed him his sandwich, and Cael picked it up, sliding her the cost in pounds. There was a little something extra there as well, and he gave her a wink, saying, "Keep the change, huh?" Then a chuckle. The girl blushed, pocketing the leftover money and thanked him. Ah, even outside of Rome his charms showed through.

Just as the hunter began to take a bite though, something interesting happened. Another man, having already been there apparently, caught his attention. Long blonde hair, definitely not the sort you saw every day. He had ordered as well, waiting there next to Cael. Something strange about that one, but he chose to ignore it with a shrug. However, when he finally thought he could take a bite...

"That's a curious outfit you have there, Gov, I didn't think there were any LARP events around here." Cael blinked and looked over the man sternly as he finished. What was he getting at here? "Or perhaps you think you'll find one in some weird other realm only you can enter, and slay some monsters there with your chums."

The swordsman's eyes widened slightly before he closed them, smirking with a drawn out, "Perhaps..." He stood there for a moment, eyes shut as he took a bite of his sandwich. Another hunter, eh? He didn't sound so sure of himself though, possibly passing along a small hint in case Cael wasn't actually aware of Inferis? Chewing, then swallowing, he turned and headed down the aisle of tables. "Perhaps you'd like to take a seat? It would be worth both our times, I'm sure."
Cael Gladius
Cael Gladius
LIVING STORM
(Admin)

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Stone Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 am

"Perhaps you'd like to take a seat? It would be worth both our times, I'm sure." is what the man had said. Something about that statement made Alex pause, his smile becoming a bit strained. He refused to not smile, though, as his mind raced. "Bloody hell... Is he trying to proposition me? Alex slightly freaked a bit, but calmed down, and nodded absently, following the man to a table. Sitting down, he took another bite, chewed it thoughtfully, then swallowed.

"Look Gov, I hope I didn't give you the wrong idea. I guess, if the cashier had anything to say, you're an alright bloke. But I'm not into that sort of stuff." Alex said softly, smiling gently as he hopefully didn't hurt the obviously bi-sexual man's feelings. He wasn't trying to come onto him with his words... He was just trying to freak him out. The man idly drummed his fingers on the table for a moment, before placing them in his lap. He was sitting across from this American guy, and he was a little put-off by these events. It was upsetting really. No straight man liked to be hit on.

So, he carefully focused on his sandwich, admiring the lightly toasted italian white bread. There were tiny sesame seeds dotting the top slice, which happened to be the butt of the bread. The bottom was cool and crisp, sliced perfectly. Inside it, was a carefully spread mayo. No one likes a dry sandwich, after all. There was two slices of lettuce, cold crisp and green; a tomato thin on each side of the lovely oven roasted honey ham, the aged swiss cheese and the small handful of sliced onion. Truly, it was a marvel of a sandwich, Alex thought as he studiously avoided looking at the American.
Alex Stone
Alex Stone
THE COWARD

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Cael Gladius Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

Wait... What did this guy think he was trying to talk to him about again? One second he was clearly sure he had just fairly described what he and other demon hunters did in the realms of hell fire and turmoil, but now he seemed worried that Cael was... Oh god, no.

"No, not that, what is wrong with you?!" Jumping slightly, his knee struck the bottom of the table. Calming himself and leaning over the table slightly, he looked around to make sure no one had looked over. "Inferis. Hell. Demons. Hunting of them. You... You were talking just on that topic earlier, were you not?" Looking back to the cashier, smiling at him as she turned, he gave a nervous chuckle and wave in return.

"I don't think we've gotten off on the right start. My name's Roman Cael Gladius IV. Call me Cael." Reaching over the table, he presented his hand for a shake. "And if you aren't what I assumed, leave my hand and this table." Recomposed, he gave another smirk. If this didn't get things going in the right direction, nothing would. He'd always wanted to meet another hunter on his travels; someone he could go into the killing fields with. Blood shed alongside comrades held far greater rewards than that done so alone.
Cael Gladius
Cael Gladius
LIVING STORM
(Admin)

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Stone Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 am

Choosing not to remark right away, Alex kept his peace, mulling over what the man had said. e had been to Inferis many, many time in his life. He had seen the horrors there, the monstrosities. He both loved and hated the place he called his Second Home. For so long he had held his suspicions on the true nature of the place. For so long he had wondered, just what was Inferis? Now he had an answer, by a chance meeting in a chance bistro.

"Hell..." He uttered the word, his smile smile ever present, but now much more troubled. So it was true. He found the gateway to hell. "I don't know much about it all. I didn't have anyone around me about this. It's just a helpful escape from reality to me. And end to the everydayness of what I deal with. Inferis... I knew that was the name but nothing else."

Finally, he looked up, reaching out and gripping the hand in front of him, he shook it hard once. He looked troubled still, but his smile was like his handshake, strong and firm. "I am Alexander Stone, but you can call me Alex. I guess I'm a Demon Hunter."
Alex Stone
Alex Stone
THE COWARD

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Cael Gladius Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 am

"Hmhmhm..." This man, Alex, had a nice handshake to him. Firm, strong, he was definitely experienced in life. Taking his hand back, Cael took another bite of his sandwich before laying it back down onto his napkin. He simply sat there, chewing, then swallowing. Another sip of water, and he let out a steady sigh, one of both relief and an emotion that could only be described as that after the completion of one's goal. Yes, Cael felt accomplished. Another hunter, one that had already been exposed to the infernal plains. Today was shaping up to be good already.

"How often do you hunt, Alex?" He slowly laid his hands upon the tabletop and looked at the man more sternly. There was a colder air about him now, dead seriousness presented in his words. "Some would think that doesn't matter, but I know better than to lead the improperly trained to their demise." He pointed to his chest now, adding, "My heart has been tampered with by the archdemon Belial, and I need assistance in training. What I mean to ask you is if you will assist me in preparation for my next encounter with that beast's blade?"

There, he'd asked it. His first time requesting help in such matters since asking Matiz to train him. Hopefully this Alexander Stone would prove to be just as deadly on the battlefield.

Cael Gladius
Cael Gladius
LIVING STORM
(Admin)

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Stone Mon May 06, 2013 12:38 pm

A subtle smile played across the countenance of one Alexander Steven Stone. Very subtle indeed, for he knew just what man wanted from him. A partner to train with, to test the abilities of. Alex had never met another like him, so he supposed it would be a good start. He figured easily that this Archdemon must be extremely powerful and deadly, and Cael had a personal problem with it. Alex could understand this. Personally, he would rather live and let live, but he had to kill before. He knew what it was like.

"I'm not fond of killing, to be honest, Gov. However... There are demons out there that NEED to die, with how they act. You need my help to prepare... So who am I to say no?" He put enough euro down to pay for a good tip before standing. He tilted his head slightly so he could see Cael in the corner of his eye,

"Are you coming, American?"

And with that, Alex left the bistro, turning this way and that through the busy london streets until he could find an abandoned alley way. Once he did... The man simply vanished, there one second and gone the next. He had entered the Other Realm- Inferis...

Alex went to Hell.
Alex Stone
Alex Stone
THE COWARD

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Cael Gladius Mon May 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Rising from his seat, Cael smirked. This guy was alright, a bit of an odd one, but there was always something about people like that which the swordsman seemed to crave to see. Lazarus was the same way, even if he were younger than the both of them. Was that what he had noticed at the beginning of this encounter? Was there something that drew him to this man, other than his words? Destiny was at hand, it seemed.

Pushing a personal tip to the waitress, he winked to her and held out his thumb and pinkie, giving a signal for her to call him. On a slip of paper with the bills and bit of change was his cell phone number. Yep. Still had it. Knowing his luck with this sort of thing, he could be killing demons 'til late and killing urges 'til morning.

Exiting the cafe, he turned every which way, looking for where Alex could have gone. Of course, it was fairly obvious where he would go now. Making his way down an alley, Cael began to run. Speeding into a blur, he stopped, finding himself looking out into a vast landscape, much similar to the mortal realm, but cracked and darkened. A land of waste and filth, so much to be purged cleaned.

Cael was in the Regal Necropolis.

[END THREAD]
Cael Gladius
Cael Gladius
LIVING STORM
(Admin)

Case File

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down