Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!
SISTER SITES AND DIRECTORIES

Modern Day Alchemists

RPGD Topsites
Top RPG Sites
Latest topics
» Moon Called [JCINK]
Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 am by Guest

» Dav'Ris: A Fantasy World RP
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 am by Sovay

» Fingers crossed
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am by Azazel

» Soul Eater DOOD
Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm by Guest

» Ninpocho Chronicles
Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 am by Guest

» Defiance In Truth [LGBT Community In New York]
Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 pm by Guest

» Devil's Dalliance - An Animanga Supernatural RP
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am by Guest

» Naruto: Tales of the Shinobi
Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 am by Guest

» Four Beats To Madness
Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:32 am by Guest

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 49 on Sun May 12, 2013 12:13 am
Statistics
We have 228 registered users
The newest registered user is Azazel

Our users have posted a total of 5316 messages in 1471 subjects
OUR AFFILIATION BUTTON
Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.
AFFILIATES
Naruto RPG Saga

Mist and Rain: a multi-Final Fantasy RP
BANNER NAME

Obsidian Butterfly - An Anita Blake/Merry Gentry RPG
The Bleach Society Role-Play
button
Bleach: New Horizon
button
AffiliationsButton_zpsc4c52954.jpg

Alacritis - A Beginner to Advanced Wolf RPG
Deadly Crows: A Non Canon Fairy Tail RP

Prison Break RP
PLAGUED

THE FIRE IS COMING

last minutes & lost evenings

Bleach Platinum Hearts
Eternal Return
PKFN
Crossed Realms
Ungodly Hour
You're Undead To Me
THE KINGDOM OF NIGHTINGALE
THIS IS MY HELL

photobucket

the HAUTE Ton
starstruck

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons Beyond
Heaven's Night

The Quest for Knowledge - Part 1 (Open)

Go down

The Quest for Knowledge - Part 1 (Open)

Post by Diogenes the Cynic on Thu May 09, 2013 2:44 pm

January 10th, 2012

Noon, an Irkutsk Flat

A lonely, poor man knelt next to the circle-shaped, dark pentagram upon the wood floor. The smell of sulfur and acrid smoke hung in the air. Blood in three different places pooled into the center of the pentagram, which by now had become hot and dried; burnt solid into the floor. If someone put a blacklight upon the ground they'd see several similar spots; several different attempts made and failed by the same man. It was a miracle this shell was still alive, but it was...and already the cuts on his wrists were healing.

The body blinked a couple of times. He took a moment to get his bearings. Slowly, he lifted his head and took a breath. The spine felt old and crackled a bit, though the man himself seemed only in his late 30's. As he took his breath, he smelt the acrid fumes in the air, tasted the foul taste upon his tongue, and smiled.

The man was desperate. In debt, out of the job, poor and hardly having had anything to eat. The sensations in this body were very, very familiar; almost too familiar. Still, one did not bite the hands of fate; those three sisters who guide the strings along their lives and cut them at their appropriate time. This man's thread was almost about ready to be cut, but there was going to be at least a short while before they'd be cut completely...and those moments were to be stolen by one who's thread had been cut many long years ago...

A man...or demon...like Diogenes the Cynic...

--------------

Diogenes made sure he kept himself warm and kept his appearance relatively clean so that he wouldn't appear to be the foreign tramp whose body he had stolen. The soul in the back of his mind didn't even fight back; the original owner of the body assuming he'd fail and thus at least take his own life rather than continue a farce. Except this time he managed to get his facts right, and while he sat back watching a dream in the back of his own mind, the Headmaster Librarian would take advantage of a quick stroll in the human world before returning to his own business back in the Stygian Tundra.

Unlike other demons, who prefer to do as much chaos as possible in the short time they are bonded with their hosts, or others who are old enough who just prefer a walk in the park, Diogenes first and only perogative when possessing was the acquisition of knowledge. Whether it would be intentional or not was usually the decision of the man or woman he possessed, though in this case it wasn't intentional. He had never been in Russia before, so he thought he might as well get a chance to learn a bit about the place; maybe their language, the local sites and sounds perhaps? He honestly didn't care, as long as there was knowledge; and there should be knowledge aplenty there in Irkutsk.

First things first, of course, he had to get absolutely lost.

He was lucky enough that he didn't find himself inside of a Russian local; this man appeared to be most definitely from the Western world. He wasn't a tourist though; judging from his dress he had been there for a while. And based on the wear and tear, it was very likely that the man had managed to get himself stuck financially, which meant that parading as a tourist wasn't a good idea. So, first thing's first, before he was going to get himself so lost that none of the locals would recognize him, he had to get some fresh clothing...Did they happen to have togas still in Russia?

"Better to be a dog than a man..."

Greek (Orange), Latin (Red), English (Brown), Macedonian (Olive), Egyptian (Green), Demonic (Blue)

Diogenes the Cynic
THE HEADMASTER

Case File
Power Level: 1
Character Faction: Hell Princes
Player: Kerian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Quest for Knowledge - Part 1 (Open)

Post by Tatyana Vladimirovna on Fri May 10, 2013 1:29 am

Irkutsk. The center of Demons in frigid mother Russia. It was of some relief it wasn't Moscow, but at the same time of more concern. Irkutsk used to be a major stop when the railroads and ports were very much in effect during the rule of Stalin. They were still used today considering they were the most reliable form of transporting cargo and whatnot across the frozen tundra that took up a decent portion of Russia. Normally when she came here, she was on a hunt or patrol, but today? She was just here to check up on it. What was that quote from some movie....? Ah yes, "Constant Vigilance."* That was precisely the reason that she was there this day. At the moment she was riding the train in and looking out the window, her old military coat laying on the seat beside her. She was wearing her usual clothes; dark magenta-y business suit with a pencil skirt, black pumps, sheer stockings, and the coat that was beside her. Her long hair was pulled back in its high ponytail, her bangs remaining away from her features as those blue eyes observed the landscape going by. No one stared at the scars that covered her, however, and that was of some relief. It just got obnoxious past a point really. Could this train go faster? She wanted her cigar.

"IRKUTSK STATION, IRKUTSK STATION."

Ah. Most excellent. Rising up among others, she pulled the jacket around her shoulders and clasped it together at the neck so that it would stay, the coat flowing back in the wind as she exited the train. She did not have any bags with her this time because anything she would need was already on her person. Her pistol, a knife, and her fists. She would need no other weapons but those. Her phone buzzed in her pocket, sighing lightly as she was just about to remove a cigar, shaking her head as she rested her fingers on the smooth surface of it. "Yes?" She spoke quietly, striding down the terminal and into the station, weaving easily through people to get to the city streets. "Capítan, there's been a spike. Potential threat in town." Her eyebrow raised as she pressed her phone between her cheek and shoulder, now taking out her cigar and clipping it. "Are you sure? I can't help being a little suspicious of that mans work in this case." "Positive. Everythings checking out so far. Hard to find a location though." Damn. So much for a potentially relaxing day. Slipping the cigar between her lips, she lit it with her butane lighter, breathing in that delicious smoke. Mmm.. better.

"Very well. I'll look into this personally." And with that she ended the call and put away her phone, slowing as she strode through the streets. Here she was hoping that today wouldn't be too stressful of a day. Considering the fact that they had no location for this anomaly, where best would be a place to start? So she went down and remained in Irkutsk proper as opposed to Glasvosk on the other side. Left bank, right bank... Whichever it was at this point. She just wanted some coffee to fight off the chill and a quiet place to observe people. As she walked along she came across a corner cafe with a few tables sitting lonely outside. Perfect. Making an order inside, she took her place at one of the tables, puffing on her cigar again as she exhaled slowly. Alright... now... who looked particularly strange?

*Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

|:Russian (Crimson)
English (skyblue)
Demon (blueviolet)
Latin (cyan) :|
Tatyana Vladimirovna
CAPÍTAN

Case File
Character Faction: Templars
Player: Vi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogenes the Cynic on Fri May 10, 2013 7:35 am

It didn't take long for Diogenes to find and loot some proper clothing for the man. He had to be careful; the man was likely known by his neighbors, and as such he had to ensure that the theft was quick so that he wouldn't get caught. It didn't take long before he found dress and attire appropriate for the region; a type of 'tunic' known as a T-Shirt, some jeans, and a coat made of an interesting material Diogenes did not recognize. A faint inkling in the back of his stolen mind told him it would be suitable. He was so, so very glad the man was being very cooperative. It was hard to find good help these days.

When done he finally made sure he had enough currency to deal with the others in this misbegotten place. It took a little longer to find proper cash; it was so much easier with gold, at least with gold you could tell what stuff is worth with or without the different faces of local politicals; but he managed. Satisfied, he quickly made his way down the stairs of the flat and outdoors, where he promptly exited into a dark, secluded alleyway...

--------------------------------

Getting lost for him was easy; he had never been to this place before. Every new step filled his senses with newfound knowledge and wisdom. He kept to the shadows, following the alleyways deeper into the city until he sensed he was coming near one of the main streets. The sounds and smells of an oncoming vehicle; a train, they called it, he remembered; filled his stolen nostrils and ears. He always enjoyed walking in these dark alleyways, for they reminded him of home. Not a single stray dog barked at him; a couple came and licked at his fingers. He smiled and stroked them behind the ears. He had always been good with dogs.

When he managed to exit out into the busy streets, a cold wind blew, causing his body to shiver. He quickly covered up; the last thing he needed was for this vessel to collapse on him before he even succeeded in his task...namely, to learn something. When he was satisfied he wasn't going to get frostbitten, he began looking around for an appropriate individual who he could gain some knowledge from. It didn't take long before he found one that seemed suitable for his needs; a lady, sitting upon a corner cafe, drinking the black, strong liquid known as coffee. He didn't believe he had ever tried coffee. Now was always a good time for everything.

He approached her, pretending to look as sheepish and embarassed as possible; it was only then that he noticed her scars. Diogenes, naturally, cared little for appearance; trying to make yourself look as pretty as possible was too vain for the likes of the master of cynicism. It did not matter to him if you had the worst of scars or a face that would make Aphrodite jealous.

"Um, pardon me, miss?" he asked. He noticed that his accent was heavily Greek. Oh well, he couldn't help it now. "Do you speak English?"

Greek (Orange), Latin (Red), English (Brown), Macedonian (Olive), Egyptian (Green), Demonic (Blue)

Diogenes the Cynic
THE HEADMASTER

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyana Vladimirovna on Fri May 10, 2013 9:36 am

So what could the anomaly be.... Was there a burst of activity from Inferis? It was always possible considering the city that they were in at the moment. More likely, and what she suspected, was that someone had decided to cross through and possess some unwitting mortal. If that was the case, then it could be any number of concerns caused. Was he planning to kill innocents? Were they planning on seducing men and stealing their money? Were they just taking a stroll to observe mortals going about their daily duties? The list could go on and on, but for Tatyana it didn't really matter. There was a demon in their midst, and it was not supposed to be there. Her coffee came out within a few minutes of her sitting down, thanking the waiter and adjusting it to her liking. Coffee with half a packet of sugar. She liked it strong and barely polluted, and apparently their coffee was rather tasty. It wasn't burnt like it was at so many other places scattered across their great country. In Moscow it was absolutely horrid in so many places, and was likely the reason many drank tea. Mmm tea.... If she had to wait here long perhaps she would have to get some of that as well.

As her eyes gazed about, watchful and calm of all those that passed them by. The cigar in her fingers reached about halfway when she noticed a man that was approaching her rather embarrassedly, her eyebrow raising. Interesting, he did not quite seem like some of the tourists that would visit this area, shivering and freezing in the subarctic temperatures. "Um, pardon me, miss?" Engl--Hold on. What in the hell kind of accent was that? Her expression remained rather neutral, tapping her ash out again, blowing her smoke pointedly away from him so that it would not get in his face. "Do you speak English?" "I do." She answered him, only the slightest hint of her Russian accent noticeable in such a short phrase. But his accent on the other hand, was what had really caught her attention. That was not an accent that one heard often and especially not around Irkutsk, Russia. "Is there something you need help with sir? I'm guessing you aren't from the area." She asked him with a little smile, glancing over his form. No... not quite from here... Normally an accent would have faded over time, which meant he was either a very recent visitor or else it was something else. Now wouldn't that be ironic. Her anomaly walking right up to her.

English (skyblue)
Demon (blueviolet)
Tatyana Vladimirovna
CAPÍTAN

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogenes the Cynic on Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

"I do. Is there something you need help with sir? I'm guessing you aren't from the area."

Diogenes had a feeling he was stepping upon thin ice, as the mortals liked to phrase it. He had to be careful and play his cool; he knew that there were several organizations in existence that could potentially want to have him dead, mortal and all. Of course, Diogenes knew he could act; just pretend and think of something. He had a feeling he'd succeed; he was Greek, after all. The Greeks invented acting.

"Um...no, no I'm not," he said, keeping his embarassed look and brushing the back of his head. "I've only been here for a short while. I'm an exchange student here on vacation; my friends decided to ditch me and...I got kind of lost..."

He decided to chuckle for added emphasis. "And...unfortunately, I forgot my English to Russian Dictionary back at the hotel, so..."

In that short amount of time he analyzed the woman to see what he was getting himself into. She was quite the looker, even without her scars. Her scars would indicate that she had quite the interesting life, either being abused or perhaps, knowing this country, a harsh military career. She also appeared physically fit. That meant she was either athletic or she potentially was still involved in her career and, thus, had to keep herself in shape...which meant that what she was doing wasn't a desk job. All in all this woman could potentially be a very deadly weapon, and she was sitting there in a corner cafe, drinking coffee...Either she was looking for someone or this was probably the most coincidental happenstance he had ever experienced in his entire existence.

Of course, the cynic could just be paranoid. It wouldn't be the first time. Still, he inwardly chided himself for his stupidity. It couldn't be helped, naturally, but if he didn't play his cards right his trip here would be cut dangerously short with hardly any knowledge gained; a waste of time. That was the last thing he needed right now, time wasted.

Diogenes the Cynic
THE HEADMASTER

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyana Vladimirovna on Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 am

It wasn't German in any way, shape or form. It wasn't Swedish, Finnish, or Norwegian... Not Eastern Europe.... Not Italian, English, French, or Spanish. Oh yes, you could bet that Tatyana was puzzling over his accent until she finally realized what it sounded like. Greek. He had a Greek accent. So what in the world was a man with a VERY thick Greek accent doing here? She continued to regard him with her quiet calm, "Um...no, no I'm not." Still the embarrassment. Well it was sort of embarrassing to have to ask random people for help no matter what situation it might be. Directions, where the bathroom was, what the best place to eat was... Perhaps it was the sense of bothering this random person that they were asking, of invading their time with such a potentially obnoxious question. "I've only been here for a short while. I'm an exchange student here on vacation; my friends decided to ditch me and...I got kind of lost..." An exchange student here on vacation... People WANTED to vacation here? And if he was from Greece, then why in the world would you WANT to come here? That was.... odd. "And...unfortunately, I forgot my English to Russian Dictionary back at the hotel, so..." Ahhh, of course... So he was a bit of a wee lost lamb then, wasn't he?

Tatyana merely smiled gently now, taking another draw on her cigar as she blew out another stream of smoking, chasing it away with another sip of her coffee. "I see. Your friends are rather cruel aren't they?" She smirked, and continued, "So you are asking for a translator then?" She concluded, her crossed leg bouncing a couple of times as the wind caught her long, blonde locks. "And... pardon me, but are you from Greece? Your accent is just different and I'm a bit curious. It's a lovely accent though." Confirm one, then move onto her next question. This man was odd, but he could just be what he said he was. She appeared rather interested in him, and in a way she was. It was also just a bit of a bugger because she couldn't contact the nearby base to see what their readings were saying. Because if they could identify where the anomaly was, then she could go find it. And if the anomaly were to be in front of her.... well, it would be good to know.

She held out her right hand to him, her silver watch hidden beneath the cuff of her shirt and suit jacket, offering him a friendly smile. "My name is Tatyana, what is yours?"

English (skyblue)
Demon (blueviolet)
Tatyana Vladimirovna
CAPÍTAN

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogenes the Cynic on Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am

Diogenes knew that he had to keep himself on his toes. If this woman really was who he thought she could be, then he was a dead duck...well, his mortal form was anyways. Still, it would be interesting if he managed to get away with this. If he did, then he wouldn't be able to help but feel proud of himself. After all, it's not any day that a demon could talk with a demon hunter or a Templar and live to tell the tale.

"I see. Your friends are rather cruel aren't they?" she said. He merely nodded and rubbed the back of his head. "So you are asking for a translator then?"

"Um...a translator would be great, though it wasn't exactly what I had in mind..." he gave a nervous chuckle. Gods, it was so unbearably cold. Such a barbaric place. It was no wonder Lucifer chose this as the staging spot for the Soviet Union. Anyone forced to live through this cold would have to be as heartless and uncaring towards life as Stalin and all the other political leaders of the U.S.S.R. that followed after him.

"And... pardon me, but are you from Greece? Your accent is just different and I'm a bit curious. It's a lovely accent though." Ah, she caught it. Excellent. It was nice to know that his homeland was still remembered for more than just its yogurt. It was quite, quite the complement, and inwardly he couldn't help but smile. He chuckled again "Why, yes, as a matter of fact. I grew up in Athens. I got a chance to be an exchange student in an American University so I joined up...It's still kind of a long way from home..."

The woman offered him a friendly smile and extended her hand. "My name is Tatyana, what is yours?"

He reached out with his own hand. Did he catch the faintest glimpse of metal on her wrist? Perhaps a watch...he thought nothing of it, for now.

"Call me Dio," he said with a smile, "I'm pleased to meet you."

I certainly would love to get to know more about you, my dear, he said to himself...

Diogenes the Cynic
THE HEADMASTER

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyana Vladimirovna on Sat May 11, 2013 1:32 am

"Um...a translator would be great, though it wasn't exactly what I had in mind..." He didn't want a translator? Tatyana raised an eyebrow now since she wasn't entirely sure what it was he wanted then. She hardly looked like some call girl and this definitely wasn't the right neighborhood for such urges anyways. Besides, it was a little early in the day for such things anyways. A guide then? She would have asked him what he meant except he was then answering her question regarding his accent. And honestly, that would be the question that she preferred answered at the moment because then it would lead to more answers that she wanted more. "Why, yes, as a matter of fact. I grew up in Athens. I got a chance to be an exchange student in an American University so I joined up...It's still kind of a long way from home..." Both eyebrows raised now as she considered him, tilting her head ever so slightly as the smoke drifted upwards from her cigar. So he was from Athens, then America, and now here.... Interesting. His family must be well off then in order to be able to pay for all of that considering how poor financially Greece was doing these days.

Their hands clasped, her grip firm but not bone crushing as she shook a couple of times and then let go. "Call me Dio. I'm pleased to meet you." "A pleasure Dio." She gestured for him to join her at her table, sipping at her coffee as her waiter came back out to check on her. "Can I get some coffee for my friend here?" She asked, the man nodding as he glanced to the man. Even he seemed a little curious about him, though perhaps it was the simple fact that he had come from seemingly nowhere to join her. "It'll be right out." "Thank you." And so she turned back to her new guest, those blue eyes narrowing ever so slightly as she puffed again on her cigar. "So why in the world would you choose to vacation in Irkutsk? Aren't there plenty of other places in the United States or other areas that you would rather go?" Her exhaled smoke swirled out into the air trailing up and up towards the overcast sky. "The cold does not agree with most folk unless they were born and raised here. And especially when they are originally from such a warm climate as Greece." She added a chuckle and easy smile, but beneath that pleasant facade she was all eyes and ears. She would be very interested in his answer indeed.

Ah yes, his reason for speaking to her, she almost forgot. "Ah! Do forgive me, I forgot. What is it you are looking for then if you do not need a translator?" The waiter returned and placed the cup of coffee in front of Dio, as well as a refill for her glass, nodding to Tatyana whom returned the gesture before vanishing back inside the store. She added another half of a teaspoon to her cup and stirred, sipping at it satisfiedly (<-Now a word lol).

English (skyblue)
Demon (blueviolet)
Tatyana Vladimirovna
CAPÍTAN

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogenes the Cynic on Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Diogenes noticed her look. He expected as much; after all, suggesting that you don't specifically need a translator when you yourself don't speak the language can raise a few questions. He didn't exactly know what she could be thinking, but based on her look she probably got the wrong message...

"Oh, no, it's not what you think, you see..." he began, but was interrupted when she said something to the nearby waitress. Sighing in resignation, he indicated to the nearby chair. "You mind if I sit down?"

He watched carefully as she puffed the strange wrapping of leaves; a cigar, if he remembered correctly. Ancient Greek never had stimulants of that sort; only wine and other drink, maybe the occasional strange aphrodisiac plant the modern folk refer to as 'drugs.' Cigars were a new thing to him, though judging from the state of the lungs he was 'borrowing' it wasn't a new thing to this man. It wasn't something he necessarily approved of, the concept of stimulants; for a man to be forced to rely upon an outside source to make him feel good about himself was simply a form of weakness in his eyes, something unnecessary and dull, and he would do away with if he had the chance...of course, he wasn't going to admit that so openly, so he kept his embarassed look and smile and his innocent demeanor.

"So why in the world would you choose to vacation in Irkutsk? Aren't there plenty of other places in the United States or other areas that you would rather go?" she asked. Diogenes had a feeling that she would. Stating he was on vacation here would be rather strange. Of course, he couldn't just tell her the truth. 'Actually, no, I'm really a demon looking to suck up this world's knowledge and potentially maybe eat your soul.' No, he can't just state that outright, that'd be silly.

"Well, you see, it wasn't really my idea," he said, "One of my friends is taking an anthropology class, and his project he chose involved Russia, so he felt like it'd be a cool idea to come up here for a while and do some studying..."

"The cold does not agree with most folk unless they were born and raised here. And especially when they are originally from such a warm climate as Greece." Diogenes nodded in agreement. "I do miss the warmer weather...it's a miracle I don't get frostbit..." He wasn't lying. This body apparently wasn't used to the cold either, though it was handling it a lot better than he would have when he was alive.

The waiter brought him a cup of coffee. "Thank you," he said in his native Greek. Taking a sip, he let the flavor stir in his mouth before swallowing. It was an interesting drink, coffee. Nothing at all like wine; sort of bitter, yet pleasing to the tongue. "I can't thank you enough. It's very inconvenient being without my dictionary."

"Ah! Do forgive me, I forgot," Tatyana stated, "What is it you are looking for then if you do not need a translator?" Diogenes gave a nervous chuckle. "Well, you see, what I really needed was directions. My friends had mentioned they were going to one of the big libraries nearby, and they must have forgotten that I couldn't get around without my Russian to English dictionary..."

Before he could continue he felt something...familiar. It was like a buzzing in the back of his head; a familiar twitch of the ear, the raising of the hairs on the back of his borrowed neck. It was a sense of completeness; a whole that wasn't really whole, approaching. He hadn't felt this way since he had departed all of those months ago from the Tarpit Enclaves...from the great Libraries of Inferis...

He is here, he said to himself. My master has come among the mortals...

Diogenes the Cynic
THE HEADMASTER

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyana Vladimirovna on Wed May 15, 2013 11:15 pm

It seemed she had missed something when she spoke to the waitress, glancing over to him at his movement. "You mind if I sit down?" "Please do." She flashed him a friendly smile, the wheels still turning in the back of her head as she stared at him so. There were just enough pieces to leave her in the dark upon the matter that was bugging her most. Her gut was saying that this guy was the anomaly, and her gut was rarely wrong about something like this. "Well, you see, it wasn't really my idea," Her eyebrow raised again, sipping at her coffee, "One of my friends is taking an anthropology class, and his project he chose involved Russia, so he felt like it'd be a cool idea to come up here for a while and do some studying..." Mmm.... alright... Normally people went to Moscow or Saint Petersburg among other smatterings of cities. Siberia may as well be its own country what with the climate difference and well, its remoteness from the general Russian culture. She wasn't being judgemental, it was simply a fact.

"I do miss the warmer weather...it's a miracle I don't get frostbit..." Tatyana had to laugh, bringing her cigar to her lips as she took a puff. You might get it still. She thought to herself as she nodded to the waiter in thanks, watching him sip at his steaming cup. "I can't thank you enough. It's very inconvenient being without my dictionary." She shook her sad, "It is nothing." She had to admit though, his Greek sounded interesting. There were some that spoke it at her headquarters and.... well, it was probably nothing. She didn't speak the damn language so what did she know? "Well, you see, what I really needed was directions. My friends had mentioned they were going to one of the big libraries nearby, and they must have forgotten that I couldn't get around without my Russian to English dictionary..." Her gut clenched more, tapping out the last of the ash on her cigar before putting out in a snow bank to her left beneath the table. She didn't like this. She didn't like this at all.

Straightening up, she offered him an easy smile, "Directions? Of course. There are a few scattered between the two halves of the river." As she began to talk, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She did not react and thank god the damn thing was quiet. She hated it when a phone vibrated so loudly it might as well be a vibrator on your desk. "It depends on what you're looking for really, and whether or not you are willing to take a cab or not. I wouldn't recommend it personally because they will rob you blind." Chuckling, her phone had stopped which meant that they had understood. "So do you know what you and your friends were going to go to the library for?" Oh yes. She was 99.9% sure this was, indeed, the anomaly in front of her. Now it was how best to get into Inferis with this demon to have a little... chat.

English (skyblue)
Demon (blueviolet)
Tatyana Vladimirovna
CAPÍTAN

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogenes the Cynic on Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Diogenes couldn't help but feel the back of his neck twitch slightly. Why was his master there now? Was he really there? Perhaps his new body was feeling things...yet he could have sworn...

"Directions? Of course. There are a few scattered between the two halves of the river."

Diogenes brought himself back into reality. He realized he had been distracted. Eyes pointed ahead, he listened to the woman as she continued discussion.

"It depends on what you're looking for really, and whether or not you are willing to take a cab or not. I wouldn't recommend it personally because they will rob you blind."

Diogenes nodded. "I've never had good experience with cabs." That was...partially true. After all, how can one have a good experience with anything if they never experienced it before?

He noticed her very slight reaction towards something on her person. Diogenes could hear something like an insect buzzing coming from her direction. Well...this body had good ears. Really good ears. From what he could tell, it was one of those strange communication devices...cell phones, they called them. Handy things, from what he understood. Of course, he always preferred face-to-face conversations anyway. "So do you know what you and your friends were going to go to the library for?" she asked.

Diogenes smiled, though inwardly alarm bells went off in his head. This woman was asking quite a few questions. He had a feeling that she could potentially be a problem, damn it all, but so long as he could continue his charade as long as possible there was still a good chance at getting away in one piece. He had to keep this up; if he could at least get out of the way, he could dart aside so that he could preserve this body for future use...after all, it wasn't very often that one got to find a body that they liked. He could use this one.

"Mostly history in the local region," he replied, "But our project is primarily on language." He chuckled a little.

Before he could continue, he heard a whining sound. He looked down. At his feet was a stray dog, looking up at him with big, dopey eyes. Diogenes felt immediately sorry for it. Lowering his hand, he let the dog sniff and lick it before he scratched it behind the ears.

"Forgive me," he said, "I've always admired dogs...quite the hard working creatures, aren't they?"

Diogenes the Cynic
THE HEADMASTER

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyana Vladimirovna on Tue May 21, 2013 6:47 am

Come on.... She just knew that her people had to be mobilizing at this point. But how best to subdue without drawing in the general public? That was the question. "I've never had good experience with cabs." Tatyana nodded understandingly, she knew plenty of others that would rather not have to deal with cabs ever. They drove recklessly, charged a lot, and.... well... too fast. They were just bad all around. But.... then she could feel the shift. He was becoming aware, he knew now that she was looking at him very... VERY carefully. "Mostly history in the local region, but our project is primarily on language." Interesting... now why might he and his "friends" wish to look up those things? Expand their knowledge? If he was a follower of Legion, that sounded about right. That would be an Archdemon that would want to know more things about the world. So if he was attached to Legion in some way, what sort of....

Her thoughts were interrupted by the whining of a dog, also glancing downwards towards it as she sipped at her coffee. "Forgive me, I've always admired dogs...quite the hard working creatures, aren't they?" Dogs... so was he one himself? Or just a man/demon that liked dogs. Tatyana only smiled and nodded, "No need to apologize. Aye, they can be." She commented softly, tapping out her cigar as she pulled out her phone to check it. Yep. Missed call from Mikhail. A text popped up on her screen, telling her exactly where they were and who with. Just a small team, and they were none too far away. Good. "So languages then. Do you love studying languages?" She asked as her phone slipped back into her pocket, her focus returning entirely upon her guest sitting before her. "Do you know many?" Her head tilted with a small smirk, puffing on her cigar.

So...if he did have Legion as his master, then did that mean his master might be here? That.... would be concerning. That would require mobilizing a larger force on short notice and, well, it was an archdemon. Fighting one of those was no laughing matter and something that she both did, and didn't, look forward to. It would mean one big baddie down, but taking him out along the way was..... oi. Either way, this was a serious matter as she held their conversation out longer and longer, waiting to see that black sudan pull up out of the corner of her eye on the street to her right.

[[ derp @_@ ]]

English (skyblue)
Demon (blueviolet)
Tatyana Vladimirovna
CAPÍTAN

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diogenes the Cynic on Tue May 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Diogenes petted the dog a little further. The dog could see the anxiousness in his eyes and whined a little more. He scratched it behind the ears as it immediately began to pant happily and wag its tail. The old philosopher always knew how to make a canine happy.

"No need to apologize. Aye, they can be." the woman said. He had a feeling she was simply agreeing with him to stall for time; he knew that his time on this world was shortening. Somehow...that seemed to upset him. Still, learning experience or not, he could not deny that he enjoyed it. He had a chance at some coffee, got to talk with a mortal for the first time in...how long now? It was too bad this woman had no idea who she was speaking with truly. Perhaps she thought he was just a simple demon? One creature enjoying his time in a new body, alone and free. If she knew exactly who she was, if times were different...perhaps she would bow like he did...

"So languages then. Do you love studying languages?" she asked. He could see out of the corner of his eye that she was looking at the device. He replied with a smile. "Indeed I do," he said, "I enjoy studying many things." Oh yes, he did.

"Do you know many?" she asked. He nodded. "I know many languages," he said, "You've already witnessed me speaking English. Then there is my native Greek. There's the language of the Roman pigs. I speak the tongue of my people's conquerers. I even know a little Egyptian..."

He stalled from using the last language he knew right off the bat. After all, nobody outside of Inferis dared speak the native tongue of the demon. Even if she wasn't a Templar, simply uttering it would have consequences.

He felt the dog lick his finger. He smiled again and petted it some more. "I have always often thought of dogs as admirable creatures. Perhaps greater than men. They have such great qualities...they perform the greatest deeds, the most admirable behavior, yet recieve the least rewards. Almost like philosophers." He looked at the woman and gave her a little smile. "What all do you know of philosophy, Tatyana?"

For once he hoped his master was not actually there. It would be great if he managed to handle this one alone...

Diogenes the Cynic
THE HEADMASTER

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatyana Vladimirovna on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 pm

There was another shift in the air and it immediately warranted her attention.  He knew.  He knew that she knew, and most likely he knew that she had to be a Templar.  Shit, why didn't she bring any of her weapons with her?  Because I thought I'd have the chance to go to HQ first.  Stupid.  Still, he was smiling.  He wasn't bolting or anything, and that only made her wonder as to why.  "Indeed I do.  I enjoy studying many things."  Alright, so if that were the case and true (which she suspected was so), then he definitely was a member of Legion's realm.  The question became, who though?  "I know many languages.  You've already witnessed me speaking english.  "Στη συνέχεια, υπάρχει η μητρική ελληνική μου."  That had to be Greek.  She knew it by sound.  "There's the language of the Roman pigs."  Latin.  "Јас зборувам јазикот на завоеватели на мојот народ."  It... sounded eerily like Russian.  Her brows knitted together, also unable to place it.  But if he was Greek.... then these all had to be languages in the vicinity of it, right?  That would be logical.  

So if knew all of these languages.... then the question was quickly becoming when was he from.  When had he existed in the human realm because few people would know such old languages.  Her eyes trailed down to his hand as he pet the dog affectionately, her ears perking up to the sound of cars driving past them.  It wouldn't be long now.  "I have always often thought of dogs as admirable creatures.  Perhaps greater than men.  They have such great qualities...they perform the greatest deeds, the most admirable behavior, yet receive the least rewards.  Almost like philosophers."  Tatyana blinked once, a smirk spreading across her lips as she chuckled in some amusement.  "What all do you know of philosophy, Tatyana."  Her chuckle grew a little more before she took a sip of her coffee, glancing up towards the sky thoughtfully.  "Well first I do agree that dogs are some of the best examples of how we should be to one another, and too often we cast them aside without a second thought.  An interesting analogy though, I must admit." What DID she think of the subject, what did she know?  She was quiet for another moment, finger tapping against the arm of her chair ponderingly.  "It was something I studied in school."  She began, trying to think back to that time of her life.  God it seemed so far away from her now.  "It was a very dry subject, however, very interesting.  Psychology may be the study of how and why we think the way we do, but philosophy truly delves into such matters.  Jean Paul Sartre was a favorite of mine.  And Dostoyevsky.  Possibly Tolstoy as well." 

Her voice grew quiet as she drifted into the normal sounds of Irkutsk at this time of day.  People's voices were growing as more were walking around the streets, more cars were going by, music began to drift about from nearby buildings.  "Tell me, do you think we should drop this charade now?"  She asked him rather suddenly with a small smile, placing her coffee cup down as she gazed at him now.  "Though now I'm a little intrigued as to your obvious interest in philosophy as well.  Still, this has probably gone on long enough."  She sighed heavily, sitting up in her chair those blue eyes of her glinting with an odd coldness that didn't seem to quite fit the friendly nature of her features.

English (skyblue)
Demon (blueviolet)
Tatyana Vladimirovna
CAPÍTAN

Case File

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down