Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Deus Mortuus
We've moved to http://deusmortuus.boards.net -- join there if you're into this concept!
Deus Mortuus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SISTER SITES AND DIRECTORIES

Modern Day Alchemists

RPGD Topsites
Top RPG Sites
Latest topics
» Moon Called [JCINK]
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 am by Guest

» Dav'Ris: A Fantasy World RP
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 am by Sovay

» Fingers crossed
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am by Azazel

» Soul Eater DOOD
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm by Guest

» Ninpocho Chronicles
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 am by Guest

» Defiance In Truth [LGBT Community In New York]
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 pm by Guest

» Devil's Dalliance - An Animanga Supernatural RP
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:35 am by Guest

» Naruto: Tales of the Shinobi
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 am by Guest

» Four Beats To Madness
Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:32 am by Guest

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 168 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am
Statistics
We have 228 registered users
The newest registered user is Azazel

Our users have posted a total of 5316 messages in 1471 subjects
OUR AFFILIATION BUTTON
Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.
AFFILIATES
Naruto RPG Saga

Mist and Rain: a multi-Final Fantasy RP
BANNER NAME

Obsidian Butterfly - An Anita Blake/Merry Gentry RPG
The Bleach Society Role-Play
button
Bleach: New Horizon
button
AffiliationsButton_zpsc4c52954.jpg

Alacritis - A Beginner to Advanced Wolf RPG
Deadly Crows: A Non Canon Fairy Tail RP

Prison Break RP
PLAGUED

THE FIRE IS COMING

last minutes & lost evenings

Bleach Platinum Hearts
Eternal Return
PKFN
Crossed Realms
Ungodly Hour
You're Undead To Me
THE KINGDOM OF NIGHTINGALE
THIS IS MY HELL

photobucket

the HAUTE Ton
starstruck

Pokemon Mystery Dungeons Beyond
Heaven's Night

Of Great Importance! (Members please read!)

+8
Asmodeus
Bokor Daak
Moloch
Cassadriel
Zadkiel
Mr. Black
Henris
Jean La Croix
12 posters

Go down

Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) Empty Of Great Importance! (Members please read!)

Post by Jean La Croix Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:20 am

To say that our site and my extension the online community that makes it up has gone silent would not be an understatement. After all, these past few weeks have been dominated by school, by real life issues and various other things that make role playing here on DM some what of a challenge. This go's for me as well as various other members that have made this site home to their creative talent and it gos with out saying that for most of us we have more then enjoyed the time we have spent here, creating a story that is both epic and interesting. But that story, our hard work is in jeopardy. Why? well thats simple. We are letting this site that we have all spent time building die. And while it may be a slow death, it is all the more painful for it.

Day after day, week after week and month after month we have seen a decline of activity for one reason or another, and while this is in some way understandable I do think it is avoidable and more then reversible. But there remains the question as yo if we should or should not try and retain this site, after all if I am the only individual that wishes to save it then why should I or any singular individual attempt to save a lost cause? After all it is not a single person that makes up a forum such as this, and while some people may enjoy playing on their own I for one do not.

So please, if you are interested in saving what we all have created let it be known, post here and give those of us that worry about this sites decline hope for the future. Whats more, post your ideas if you have any as to how we can revive this place that we have all built together. I honestly hope that I am not the only one that would feel saddened if this place was to die, and I hope that others are just as invested in saving this place that has helped create such wonderful stories.

Respectfully,
Bronze
Jean La Croix
Jean La Croix
WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING
(Billposter)

Case File
Power Level: 2
Character Faction: FBI
Player: Bronze

Back to top Go down

Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) Empty Re: Of Great Importance! (Members please read!)

Post by Henris Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:33 am

Surprisingly, I'm hoping to see this site come ahead. It has cornered a very niche market and as such is the best in it's class. However, I come back to see this topic and it makes me wonder whether or not I should even try to make a character again. My previous attempt was cut off at the knees and with no middle ground given and being blatantly told that my original character idea would NEVER be accepted under any circumstances was a rather... hard blow to weather.

Still, this place is amazing and I hope it survives this hiccup. Otherwise.... well... let's not talk about otherwise.

Henris
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Of Great Importance! (Members please read!) Empty Re: Of Great Importance! (Members please read!)

Post by Mr. Black Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 am

Hey, you know me. I'm always trying to keep a site going. Just about every site I jin falls apart at the seams. I want to keep this place going because hinestly the site is great, the people rule, and I like it here. The main reason why we are in decline is because our core membership is off doing stuff. I mean, we got lives. I haven't posted much in the past bit because I have things going on. Ross is swamped with school. Kenny and Ammy kinda vanished. Jay I'm assuming is doing school stuff. Point is, we are just going to have to trudge through and wait for people to get back or get enough new members to form a new core group for the time being.
Mr. Black
Mr. Black
INTERGALATIC SUPER INQUISITOR

Case File
Character Faction: Firefly
Player: Dread

Back to top Go down

Post by Zadkiel Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:05 am

We just need to keep it going. I can admit to my slacking on my posts and i really do need to catch up on those.
Zadkiel
Zadkiel
CLAWS OF FREEDOM

Case File
Power Level: 1
Character Faction: Angelic Host
Player: Shinku

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassadriel Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Yep, I see it too, Bro. I think DM needs Ross.
Cassadriel
Cassadriel
戦わなきゃならないのだ

Case File
Character Faction: Greyscale
Player: Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Moloch Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 pm

I'll admit, I haven't been as active as I could be here. Namely due to a combination of things such as school and the like, and the ever-increasing mound of posts I owe here. Which I really need to do something about. >_> Though yeah, it's never easy for me to catch back up with so many posts to make. Though for DM, I shall give it my best attempt, because I don't want to see any great sites dying off.
Moloch
Moloch
KING SWAG

Case File
Power Level: X
Character Faction: Hell Princes
Player: Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bokor Daak Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 pm

While work and my wife's illness has made me a bit slow latley, y'all know I'm always up for a thread :D Just point me to it and i'll run on over, red rover red rover~

Bokor Daak
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodeus Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:54 am

I'm still around, though life times have been increasingly busy for me as well, but I'm still here. The events have slowed down yeah but they can be picked back up with a bit of improvision, me getting off my fat ass to close #5, teamwork, and yadda yadda. Looks there's really no need for an inspirational speech, if you guys want this site to live and work, then it will live and work.

I'll still be around till the very end of things.
Asmodeus
Asmodeus
HEARTLE55 BEAUTY

Case File
Power Level: X
Player: Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad III Țepeș Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:13 am

I've invested quite a bit of time, creativity, and energy into my characters here, so I'm really not that comfortable with the prospect of watching this site wither and die like a badly neglected potted plant.

That being said, I'll still be around myself. I aim to do pretty spectacular shit, so yeah.
Vlad III Țepeș
Vlad III Țepeș
SANGUINUS TYRANNUM
(Beastmaster)

Case File
Player: Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerard Sombre Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 pm

I think part of the current issue is that Al is nearly the only admin that gets on. Aps go slow when he can't get on and people end up waiting. Secondly many people who are in control of important positions don't get online. Even Hunter hasn't been on in a good amount of time, none of the paladin get online aside from Vi and she's been hella busy. I'm just saying that we might need to reshuffle some positions or remedy this whole top ter inactivity issue. That's my two cents. I am invested here and I want this to work.
Gerard Sombre
Gerard Sombre
PHILANTHROPIC MILITARIST

Case File
Character Faction: Templars
Player: Dread

Back to top Go down

Post by Behemoth Hennimore Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Well, the third and final year of uni's started for me, so I'm really REALLY going to be slow if I do get posting again, and given that even when I've been here I've not... been here I'm not sure I can say anything on what would and wouldn't work, but if things get rolling again I'll do my best to be rolling with it.

Here are some oiled up cowboys singing about how they're totally straight, you guys. Also, one of them went on to co-write most of KISS's songs. Seriously.

Behemoth Hennimore
Behemoth Hennimore
THE BUTT MONKEY

Case File
Player: Rob

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazarus Carter Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:59 pm

I pause from writing a tank of a Philosophy essay to bring you news: I am not dead.

I have a seven-item to do list which is an absolute priority before I continue with DM. I love this place and feel halfway responsible for this activity decline, but September came and my priorities needed to be set straight.

The good news is that things will get much more relaxed come the end of December. The bad news is that I won't be back in full swing til then. I essentially have to write a book by Christmas, alongside some form of literary magnum opus, two high-tier philosophical/psychological research papers, a critical thinking essay and blah blah blah this is boring you. tl;dr Ross is really busy.

I'm going to suggest a minimalist state of affairs til I can return. That means that everyone throws #6 on the backburner and you all just enjoy yourselves in your own little personal plot arcs for now. Kenny's essentially turned into a desert-roaming nomad as well, and there's little I can do about that, and I get the impression Vi is getting seriously busy with work and such.

So to accommodate for a temporary lack of administrative team (read: just Al being around) we'll just keep operations to a minimum - that means pausing the site transfer, which is currently in a void in the back of my mind somewhere - and wait it out until everyone returns. This is the typical winter downtime. It happens.

Of the staff still fighting through whatever shit they have to take care of - admins or otherwise - you have my greatest appreciation for doing what, essentially, I couldn't. For all the members bearing with the inevitable lapse in staff response, you have my humble thanks for your patience.
Lazarus Carter
Lazarus Carter
RISING CRESCENDO
(Founder)

Case File
Power Level: 3
Character Faction: Nephilim
Player: Ross

https://deusmortuus.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassadriel Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Just keep posting. The important part is that everyone sticks together and collectively creates plots that involve each other. So let's get going on this.
Cassadriel
Cassadriel
戦わなきゃならないのだ

Case File
Character Faction: Greyscale
Player: Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down